The Shade Shop is a family-owned business since 1918, specializing in high-end, custom window treatments and outdoor shading solutions. While we have drastically expanded our product offerings and our team over the 100+ years we have been in business, our commitment to providing exceptional customer service and the highest quality products remains the same.
Our company culture is both fast-paced and laid back. We like to have a good time and laugh with our coworkers, but we are also highly productive in a busy work environment that requires a knack for multitasking and prioritizing. We are very much a family business in that our employee wear many hats. A flexible, driven, and fun personality is a must!
- Expertly manage sales opportunities/inbound leads, which may come in the form of walk-in customers in the showroom, phone inquiries, or form submissions from our website.
- Warmly greet customers and help them to understand their options in window treatments and outdoor shading solutions, including functional and aesthetic differences and benefits
- Speak fluidly and informatively with customers (homeowners, business owners, interior designers, builders, and architects) about various products
- Calculate, generate, and email quotations to potential customers and repeat clients
- Schedule appointments for Outside Sales staff to measure for customers who are ready to proceed with their order
- Place product orders with various manufacturers & double check team members' orders for accuracy
- Provide service after initial sale to customers (including but not limited to checking on the status of an order and scheduling a service if there is an issue with a product)
- Participate in ongoing product and technology training
Desired Skills, Experience, & Mindset
- Prior experience in retail, sales, customer service, or interior design/home products industry
- Friendly, helpful, and upbeat demeanor with every customer, no matter how busy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Comfortable with basic mathematic calculations
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, manage time, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn and retain a variety of product knowledge and technical information related to motorizing window treatments and outdoor shading solutions.
- Embraces change in processes and job duties as the company continues to grow
- Spots areas for potential improvement and creatively problem solves
ScheduleThe Shade Shop's showroom is open Monday through Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM and Saturday 12:00 - 4:00 PM. We are ideally seeking someone who would be able to work a schedule that would alternate between Week A and Week B:
- Week A: Monday - Thursday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Week B: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, and Saturday 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM